Heavy Duty LED Work Light
HELLA is proud to introduce to its state of the art LED work light – the AS 5000LED, a high output, compact and highly versatile heavy-duty work light for use on mining machinery and suitable for DC electrical systems.
HELLA has developed the AS 5000 as the next generation of LED work light specifically designed for the rigors of the mining industry environment. Utilizing the latest design technology and materials the AS 5000 is a match for the extreme environmental conditions encountered in mining and has succeeded where many of its competitors have failed.
The AS 5000 boasts an very efficient 60 watts of power consumption, giving it a light efficiency close to 100 lumens per watt. 24 high power LEDs deliver over 5000 lumens of light exactly where it is required, through highly developed optics available in two variations, wide beam (close range) and narrow beam (long range).
The AS 5000 is available in both AC (110-240V AC) and DC (9-33V DC) models. The DC models operate on reduced power mode below 11.6V to prevent battery drain on mobile equipment when lights are on but the vehicle engine is not running.
HELLA has used its underground mining experience in the development of heavy duty work lights incorporating an integrated diming function in the AS 5000 making it suitable for vehicle encounters and efficient above ground daylight operation. The dimming function reduces light output to around 50% and can be controlled by the activation of a built-in circuit via a switch or other means.
The advanced electronics of the LEDs ensure stable operation in a wide range of electrical supply conditions. The lamps are protected from reverse polarity input and short circuit faults. The AS 5000 is also designed to operate in the extreme range of temperatures often encountered in underground and surface mining, from -40° to +50° Celsius. Integrated thermal protection ensures longevity of the electrical components at the most extreme temperatures. A specially designed driver board ensures advanced thermal management drawing the heat away from the LEDs.
An advanced non-stick surface coating prevents dirt build-up on the AS 5000 and is resistant to acidic minerals and salts. The coating is bonded to the housing and will not peel or flake making it possible to clean the light with a high pressure hose. A high impact resistant Grilamid® lens protects the light from damage, and is UV stable. The color temperature of 5700°K mimics daylight and ensures a high color rendering index, critical for performing work functions.
The double insulated silicon sheathed high temperature cable provides a high quality electrical interface with the supply system. A heavy-duty cable grommet provides strain resistance for the cable under extreme vibration.
HELLA maintains its high standards in electrical certification with the AS 5000 LED work light, with approvals for CE, C-Tick Compliance, CISPR25 Class 2 and IS) 13766-2006 for earth moving machinery.
- Over 5000 lumens of measured output
- Power requirement: 60 watts
- Reduced output at voltage operation of 9-11.6 V
- Color temperature: 5700° Kelvin
- Multivolt™ 9-33 VDC compatible
- Reverse polarity protection
- Transient spike circuit protection
- Thermal management
- IP 6K9K / IP 6K7 (high pressure cleaning resistant / submersible)
- RMC compliant
- Draco® suspension combined with heavy duty 165mm stainless steel bracket
- Mounting angle guide
- Wide beam (close range) and narrow beam (long range) models available
- Double insulated silicone supply cable with DT connector
- Fully sealed LED requires no servicing
- Switchable dimming function version available
- Premium aluminum housing for mining use
- Non-stick and easy to clean surface coating
- High impact Grilamid™ nylon lens
- Suitable for operation in -40ºC to +50ºC
- Heavy duty cable washer offers bend protection